From the Minnesota AgrAbility Program you can expect Practical solutions for a healthy and productive life in agriculture.
The University of Minnesota’s parter in the Minnesota AgrAbility Program (MAP) Equipalife.
MAP is dedicated to helping you work safely and independently. We enjoy breaking down barriers. We want to help you find success in the lifestyle you love. Like you, we appreciate the value of hard work, common sense, and a can-do attitude. We know how to apply the right mix of new technology and homegrown ingenuity to get things done. Our job is to plant the seeds of independence, and our dream is to cultivate hope.
- On-farm consultations to modify equipment, buildings and tools to accommodate the specific barrier and the farm operation
- Safety planning to prevent further injury
- Education and training for rural professionals so they can assist farmers with disabilities
- Assistance with finding resources to fund recommended modifications
Support and advocacy for farm families
- The FenceLine, a peer support network of framers who have modified their operations
- Referrals to other resources such as independent living and farm financial planning services
* To qualify for free consultative services, participants must be a farmer, farm family member or agricultural worker in production agriculture.
Email: Dan Stores at email@example.com
Phone: (612) 518-3311
Address: EquipALife/AgrAbility, PO Box 310. Maple Plain, MN 55359
This website is funded through a grant from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA),U.S. Department of Agriculture, under USDA NIFA/2010-41590-20717